Jody Lee, Compliance Manager, Johnson & Dugan
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has released an updated Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) poster to incorporate new definitions included in the final regulations. Click Here for the PDF version of the poster.
The previous poster must be replaced with this new version starting March 8, 2013. Revisions to the poster include the following changes, to take effect as of that date.
- Expansion of the definition of covered servicemember to include covered veteran.
- Clarification that serious illness or injury for current servicemembers or veterans are "distinct from the FMLA definition of serious health condition."
- Special hours of service eligibility requirements also apply to airline flight crew employees.
For more information on the poster requirements, see the DOL website:
Certain leave management forms have also been updated, and a new form added, to reflect the modifications of the final regulations. Click on the form names below to download the PDF version.
- Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Covered Servicemember – For Miliary Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran – For Military Family Leave (NEW)
The DOL has posted a side-by-side comparison of the 2008 regulations to the 2013 Final regulations: http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/2013rule/comparison.htm
Contact your Johnson & Dugan team if you have any questions.